The Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services (DRS), through a state-wide network of offices, provides services to people with disabilities as well as services to employers. Follow the links below to learn more about these services.
· Employment: Employment Services help people with disabilities get ready for, find, and keep a job. DRS has a residential training and medical rehabilitation center known as Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center, as well as offices located across Virginia. The Agency also partners with a network of community rehabilitation providers, also known as Employment Services Organizations (ESOs). These organizations provide Employment and Vocational Services throughout the state.
· Transition Services: Transition services assist students in their efforts to move from school to the world of work and adult life.
· Community Living: DRS administers programs which offer a broad range of services to individuals with disabilities to enhance opportunities for independent living.
· Assistive Technology / Devices and Equipment: Assistive Technology Services directly assist individuals with disabilities in the selection, acquisition, or use of an assistive technology device. An assistive technology device is defined as any item, piece of equipment, or product system whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified or customized, that is used to increase, maintain, or improve functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities.
· Nursing Home Outreach: The Department of Rehabilitative Services provides specialized services to eligible consumers with disabilities who live in nursing facilities across Virginia. Specialized services are those services consumers need to maximize self-determination and independence that they cannot access through a nursing facility (NF) or through the standard Medicaid state plan.
· Disability Determination - Disability Determination Services process disability claims for benefits under the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs.
· DRS Business Services - is dedicated to helping companies increase their competitive advantage through promoting diversity in the workplace.
Eligibility for Services
Community Based Services
Assistive Technology Services
Nursing Home Outreach
DRS Financial Participation in Cost of Services
Department of Rehabilitative Services (DRS) Offices
Virginia Benefit Information System Welcome and Introduction
Some of the information about DRS and DRS services has been drawn from the DRS website at:
(You can find there more information about the services offered by DRS as well as information about local DRS offices and links to the Employment Services Organizations (ESOs) located throughout Virginia.)
Detailed information was drawn from the DRS Policy and Procedure Manual at:
WorkWORLD™ Help/Information System
Share/Save: Click the button or link at left to select your favorite bookmark service and add this page.
This is one topic from the thousands available in the WorkWORLD™ software Help/Information System.
Complete information about the software is available at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org
See How to Get WorkWORLD page at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org/howtogetWW.html
NOTE: Sponsored links and commercial advertisements help make the WorkWORLD™ website possible by partially defraying its operating and maintenance expenses. No endorsement of these or any related commercial products or services is intended or implied by the Employment Support Institute or any of its partners. ESI and its partners take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, any of these advertisements or their views or contents, and do not vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in them. Readers are cautioned to verify all information obtained from these advertisements prior to taking any actions based upon them. The installed WorkWORLD software does not contain advertisements of any kind.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Virginia Commonwealth University. All rights reserved.