If you were receiving SSI during the time you were being underpaid for SSDI, and if your SSI check was raised as a result of the SSDI underpayment, then the amount that is now being added to your SSDI check because of that underpayment will count as unearned income.
· If you are now receiving SSI, your SSI check may be lowered while the previous underpayment is being added to your SSDI check amount.
· If you are applying for SSI eligibility, the amount that is being added to your SSDI check will count as unearned income when determining your eligibility.
If you were not receiving SSI during the period of SSDI underpayment, or if your SSI check was not raised because of the SSDI underpayment, then the amount now being added to your check will not be counted when determining your SSI check amount or your SSI eligibility.
When responding to the WorkWORLD question about receiving an increased SSI check because of an SSDI underpayment:
· Enter YES if you were receiving SSI during the time of your previous SSDI underpayment and if your SSI check was raised as a result of that underpayment.
· Enter NO if you were not receiving a raised SSI check during the SSDI underpayment.
· If you do not know, refer to the notification letter(s) you received from SSA, or contact your SSA Claims Representative.
WorkWORLD™ Help/Information System
Share/Save: Click the button or link at left to select your favorite bookmark service and add this page.
This is one topic from the thousands available in the WorkWORLD™ software Help/Information System.
Complete information about the software is available at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org
See How to Get WorkWORLD page at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org/howtogetWW.html
NOTE: Sponsored links and commercial advertisements help make the WorkWORLD™ website possible by partially defraying its operating and maintenance expenses. No endorsement of these or any related commercial products or services is intended or implied by the Employment Support Institute or any of its partners. ESI and its partners take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, any of these advertisements or their views or contents, and do not vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in them. Readers are cautioned to verify all information obtained from these advertisements prior to taking any actions based upon them. The installed WorkWORLD software does not contain advertisements of any kind.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Virginia Commonwealth University. All rights reserved.