The Medicaid for the Working Disabled Program provides Medicaid benefits to working disabled individuals whose net family income is less than 250% of the Federal Poverty Level and who would be eligible to receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits except for their earned income.
Individuals covered for Medicaid under working disabled provisions must meet the following financial determination and non-financial eligibility criteria:
· be disabled according to the SSI definition of disability
· have net family income less than 250% of the Federal Poverty Level
· have monthly countable unearned income equal to or less than the SSI Federal Benefit Rate ( $698 per month during 2012; was $674 in 2011)
· have countable resources equal to or less than the $2,000 SSI resource standard for an individual
· be working
· be under 65
· be a state resident
· be a US citizen or lawfully admitted qualified alien
· furnish a Social Security number or apply for one
· assign rights to medical support
· not be an inmate of a public institution
Many applicants who apply for Medicaid under this program will have already been determined disabled by the Social Security Administration. However, a new disability determination is required if:
· there is no record that a disability determination has previously been made; or
· a positive disability decision was made within the past seven years and benefits were subsequently terminated due to cessation of disability; or
· a negative disability determination has been made.
Medicaid Program - Optional Group Coverage
Medicaid Program - Non-Financial Eligibility
Medicaid Program - Working Disabled Financial Eligibility
Medicaid Program - Services
Medicaid Program - Overview
WorkWORLD™ Help/Information System
Share/Save: Click the button or link at left to select your favorite bookmark service and add this page.
This is one topic from the thousands available in the WorkWORLD™ software Help/Information System.
Complete information about the software is available at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org
See How to Get WorkWORLD page at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org/howtogetWW.html
NOTE: Sponsored links and commercial advertisements help make the WorkWORLD™ website possible by partially defraying its operating and maintenance expenses. No endorsement of these or any related commercial products or services is intended or implied by the Employment Support Institute or any of its partners. ESI and its partners take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, any of these advertisements or their views or contents, and do not vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in them. Readers are cautioned to verify all information obtained from these advertisements prior to taking any actions based upon them. The installed WorkWORLD software does not contain advertisements of any kind.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Virginia Commonwealth University. All rights reserved.