You indicated that you currently receive SSDI benefits, and also have Medicare Part B coverage. If this is not correct, go back now and correct your earlier answers.
If you also have Medicaid coverage, however, Medicaid usually pays the Medicare Part B premium, so the premium amount will not be deducted from your SSDI check. If this is true for you, answer No to this question.
If, for some reason, the Medicare Part B premium is being deducted from your SSDI check, answer Yes to this question.
For other years, the monthly premium amounts are shown in the topic Medicare Premiums, Deductibles, and Co-Insurance.
If, after completing this situation, you get an Alert that the SSDI benefit amount calculated by WorkWORLD is different from the actual amount you receive, do the following:
1. First, make sure you entered the correct amount.
2. If the difference is the amount of the Medicare Part B premium (see Medicare Premiums, Deductibles, and Co-Insurance), then your answer to this question should probably be changed.
· If you said Yes, the premium was deducted from your SSDI check and WorkWORLD calculates that you should be receiving an amount (shown in the table above) less than your actual check, then change your answer to No.
· If you said No, the premium was not deducted from your SSDI check and WorkWORLD calculates that you should be receiving an amount (shown in the table above) more than your actual check, then change your answer to Yes.
3. Contact your SSA Claims Representative to find out for sure what your correct SSDI amount should be, and whether or not the Medicare Part B premium should be deducted from your check.
WorkWORLD™ Help/Information System
Share/Save: Click the button or link at left to select your favorite bookmark service and add this page.
This is one topic from the thousands available in the WorkWORLD™ software Help/Information System.
Complete information about the software is available at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org
See How to Get WorkWORLD page at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org/howtogetWW.html
NOTE: Sponsored links and commercial advertisements help make the WorkWORLD™ website possible by partially defraying its operating and maintenance expenses. No endorsement of these or any related commercial products or services is intended or implied by the Employment Support Institute or any of its partners. ESI and its partners take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, any of these advertisements or their views or contents, and do not vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in them. Readers are cautioned to verify all information obtained from these advertisements prior to taking any actions based upon them. The installed WorkWORLD software does not contain advertisements of any kind.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Virginia Commonwealth University. All rights reserved.