U.S. citizens and many noncitizens may be eligible for the program. For example:
· Refugees, asylees, Cubans, Haitians, Amerasians, and persons whose deportation has been withheld may be eligible for 7 years after they enter the U.S. or are granted status.
· Persons legally admitted for permanent residence may be eligible if they have 40 qualifying quarters of Social Security work coverage or they have a U.S. military connection.
· Refugees, asylees, Cubans, Haitians, Amerasians, persons whose deportation has been withheld, parolees, persons legally admitted for permanent residence and battered aliens may be eligible if they were legally living in the U.S. on 8/22/96 and they were 65 on that date or are now receiving disability payments or are under the age of 18.
· Native Americans who cross the Canadian or Mexican borders.
· Certain Hmong and Highland Laotians and their spouses and children.
· Food Stamp Eligibility
· Food Stamp Benefit Levels
· Food Stamps Rights and Responsibilities
· Food Stamps and Work
· Iowa Food Stamp Program Overview
· Welcome and Introduction to Iowa Benefits
· Chapter I, Specific Households and Participants, Aliens
WorkWORLD™ Help/Information System
Share/Save: Click the button or link at left to select your favorite bookmark service and add this page.
This is one topic from the thousands available in the WorkWORLD™ software Help/Information System.
Complete information about the software is available at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org
See How to Get WorkWORLD page at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org/howtogetWW.html
NOTE: Sponsored links and commercial advertisements help make the WorkWORLD™ website possible by partially defraying its operating and maintenance expenses. No endorsement of these or any related commercial products or services is intended or implied by the Employment Support Institute or any of its partners. ESI and its partners take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, any of these advertisements or their views or contents, and do not vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in them. Readers are cautioned to verify all information obtained from these advertisements prior to taking any actions based upon them. The installed WorkWORLD software does not contain advertisements of any kind.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Virginia Commonwealth University. All rights reserved.