If you are otherwise eligible for 1619(b) but have gross earnings that exceed the threshold amount for your State, SSA determines whether you could be eligible under an individualized threshold calculation.
You can estimate the individualized threshold calculation that SSA will do by starting with the threshold amount for your State. Then:
1. If your estimated Medicaid expenditures for the next year are greater than the Per Capita Average Medicaid Expenditures for your State, add the difference between your expected expenditures and the average expenditures.
2. If you receive a State supplement amount that is higher than the State Supplement amount for an individual living alone, add twice the difference.
3. Add the amount of any approved IRWE, BWE, and/or PASS you may have.
4. Add the value of publicly-funded personal/attendant care which you receive if:
· The assistance is provided by a person who is paid under a publicly-funded program other than Medicaid, and
· You would no longer qualify for attendant care service due to earnings in an amount that causes ineligibility for SSI.
See Also: State 1619(b) Thresholds - Overview
WorkWORLD™ Help/Information System
Share/Save: Click the button or link at left to select your favorite bookmark service and add this page.
This is one topic from the thousands available in the WorkWORLD™ software Help/Information System.
Complete information about the software is available at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org
See How to Get WorkWORLD page at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org/howtogetWW.html
NOTE: Sponsored links and commercial advertisements help make the WorkWORLD™ website possible by partially defraying its operating and maintenance expenses. No endorsement of these or any related commercial products or services is intended or implied by the Employment Support Institute or any of its partners. ESI and its partners take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, any of these advertisements or their views or contents, and do not vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in them. Readers are cautioned to verify all information obtained from these advertisements prior to taking any actions based upon them. The installed WorkWORLD software does not contain advertisements of any kind.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Virginia Commonwealth University. All rights reserved.