APSE: The Network on Employment (formerly The Association of Persons in Supported Employment) is a membership organization formed in 1988.
APSE seeks to improve and expand integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for persons experiencing disabilities.
To accomplish this mission, APSE:
· Provides advocacy and education to customers of supported employment (SE), i.e. supported employment professionals, consumers and their family members, and supported employers.
· Addresses issues and barriers which impede the growth and implementation of integrated employment services.
· Improves supported employment (SE) practice so that individuals and communities experience SE as a quality service with meaningful outcomes.
· Promotes national, state, and local policy development which enhances the social and economic inclusion and empowerment of all persons experiencing severe disabilities.
· Educates the public and the business community on the value of including persons experiencing severe disabilities as fully participating community members.
APSE members come from all over the United States and U.S. Territories, and from several foreign countries including Australia, Canada, China, England, Germany, Ireland, Japan, the Netherlands, Taiwan, and New Zealand.
Membership is primarily made up of supported employment professionals, including administrators, managers, and employment specialists. Membership also includes consumers, family members, employers, rehabilitation counselors, advocates, state and federal agency officials, etc.
APSE membership is open to anyone who is committed to ensuring that Supported Employment continues to grow and improve, and who wants to be part of a grass roots network for SE.
1627 Monument Avenue
Richmond, VA 23220
WorkWORLD™ Help/Information System
Share/Save: Click the button or link at left to select your favorite bookmark service and add this page.
This is one topic from the thousands available in the WorkWORLD™ software Help/Information System.
Complete information about the software is available at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org
See How to Get WorkWORLD page at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org/howtogetWW.html
NOTE: Sponsored links and commercial advertisements help make the WorkWORLD™ website possible by partially defraying its operating and maintenance expenses. No endorsement of these or any related commercial products or services is intended or implied by the Employment Support Institute or any of its partners. ESI and its partners take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, any of these advertisements or their views or contents, and do not vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in them. Readers are cautioned to verify all information obtained from these advertisements prior to taking any actions based upon them. The installed WorkWORLD software does not contain advertisements of any kind.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Virginia Commonwealth University. All rights reserved.