The Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A. Inc., (MOPH) is a Congressionally chartered national veterans service organization formed in 1932 for the protection and mutual interest of all who have received the decoration. Composed exclusively of Purple Heart recipients, it is the only veterans service organization comprised strictly of "combat" veterans. MOPH, through its Service Foundation, is classified by IRS as a 501(c)(4) organization. As such, all donations are tax deductible by the donor. Funds received as a result of these donations are used to defray expenses in helping veterans in a variety of circumstances, but primarily in processing claims against the government resulting from service-connected maladies that worsen through the aging process.
The Military Order of the Purple Heart is proud to represent all veterans, their widows and orphans -- there is no membership or combat wound requirement in order to receive assistance. You can locate a MOPH National Service Officer by scrolling down on the page linked below to your State and the major city nearest to where you reside. The page is at:
The Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A. Inc., (MOPH) is a Congressionally chartered national service veterans organization. The funding for veterans services, welfare, rehabilitation, and educational programs comes from the Military Order of the Purple Heart Service Foundation, Inc. Contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible.
Some of the veterans programs funded by the Service Foundation include:
· National Service Officer Program
· Educational Program
· Veterans Outreach Program
· Veterans Administration Voluntary Service Program
· Veterans Legislative Program
· Board of Veterans Appeals
· United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
· Computer Training Course
· Provides veterans' benefits experts at various Veterans Administration regional offices, hospitals, vet centers, and state and county veterans facilities.
· Annually provides available assistance to ALL Veterans, their dependents, widows and orphans.
· Processes veterans' claims for compensation, pension, medical care, education, job training, employment, veterans preference, housing, death and burial benefits.
· Serves on Presidents Committee for Employment of People with Disabilities.
· Assists in identifying and helping homeless veterans.
· All service and assistance is completely free.
· Located in Washington, D.C.
· Provides quality and professional representation at the Board of Veterans' Appeals for veterans whose benefits have been denied at the local VA regional office.
· One of five national veterans organizations presenting veterans' claims before the court.
· One of only five organizations with a full-time attorney at law to represent veterans.
· Court decisions can affect rating decision in thousands of veterans' claims. Successful representations protects all veterans.
· Provides services to veterans in rural and urban areas.
· Reaches handicapped and destitute veterans unable to go to a VA regional office.
· Educates veterans on their benefits and entitlements.
· Perpetual scholarships established in 30 colleges/universities.
· Special programs for students or professionals whose curriculum/discipline is oriented toward serving the handicapped.
· Tuition assistance awarded annually for sons and daughters of Purple Heart recipients.
· The Scotland School for disadvantaged children and orphans of veterans.
· Seed money was provided to Gallaudet University to establish Music Appreciation curriculum for the hearing impaired/ profoundly deaf.
· Computer Training for veterans and spouses of veterans.
· Monitors legislation affecting veterans.
· Works for legislation to benefit all veterans.
· Guards against cuts in current benefits.
· Testifies before U.S. Senate and House Committees/Sub-Committees involving veterans issues.
· Addresses issues affecting all handicapped/disabled.
· Special Disaster Relief Funds
· The Chapel of the Four Chaplains
· The Freedom Foundation
· The Wendy Will Cancer Research Fund
· Nurses Scholarship Program
· James E. Parke Scholarship Program for youth volunteers in the VA hospitals
· Operation Holiday for hospitalized veterans
· The Veterans Administration Voluntary Service in its hospitals and nursing homes
· The United Services Organization (USO)
· The Veterans Wheelchair Games
· Supports programs for child victims of sexual And physical abuse.
· Seminars to elementary and secondary schools using replica of the Liberty Bell, the Flag, and the Purple Heart Medal.
· Donates/provides medical equipment, ambulances, vans, air-med evacuation, transportation. clothing, and emergency food and shelter to improve the quality of life for veterans in need.
The Military Order of the Purple Heart
5413-B Backlick Road
Springfield, Virginia 22151-3960
Phone: (703) 642-5360
Fax: (703) 642-2054
More information about the Purple Heart and MOPH is available on the MOPH About Us page at:
Veterans Service Organizations - Overview
Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits - Overview
Information for this topic was drawn from the MOPH website at:
WorkWORLD™ Help/Information System
Share/Save: Click the button or link at left to select your favorite bookmark service and add this page.
This is one topic from the thousands available in the WorkWORLD™ software Help/Information System.
Complete information about the software is available at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org
See How to Get WorkWORLD page at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org/howtogetWW.html
NOTE: Sponsored links and commercial advertisements help make the WorkWORLD™ website possible by partially defraying its operating and maintenance expenses. No endorsement of these or any related commercial products or services is intended or implied by the Employment Support Institute or any of its partners. ESI and its partners take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, any of these advertisements or their views or contents, and do not vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in them. Readers are cautioned to verify all information obtained from these advertisements prior to taking any actions based upon them. The installed WorkWORLD software does not contain advertisements of any kind.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Virginia Commonwealth University. All rights reserved.